Sunday, April 1, 2012

Garmin Forerunner 110

I must say that the second thing a serious runner should own next to his/her running shoes is a GPS sports watch. Before I left for Camsur Marathon 2011, I was finally convinced of owning a sports watch. It took me few months to decide since the gadget was too pricey for me. I visited ROX (Recreational Outdoor Exchange) in the fort, Taguig and checked their available GPS watches. My first choice was Garmin Forerunner 305, why? because I often see it among runners so I'm thinking that it must be a good sports watch. The thing is when I tried it on, it doesn't fit my small frame. It's like I'm wearing a small TV on my wrist. The watch is too bulky for me. So, I came across forerunner 110. It was simple and has a small frame which is just right for me. It also comes with heart rate monitoring belt. You might be asking why I chose Garmin over brands like Timex, Soleus etc. First, I want to invest on something that is worth buying. It must be durable and has good product support. I've read some reviews of Garmin product before and was quite impressed how innovative their product was. I drooled over forerunner 610 when i saw it featured in takbo.ph last year. Anyways, forerunner 110 is remarkably useful and easy to use. You don't need to sit all day and read the manual to operate this watch. You simply enter some basic information like age, height, weight and it will be ready for use immediately. There is no complex set-up required. It will record all the information you need like time, distance, pace, elevation and heart rate. You can also set the lap if you want to get data for a particular distance of your run. When I started using this watch, I was very happy with it's accurate results. There might be a 30 seconds lag time when you started your run but after that you still get reliable data. You can also save and upload your run data, you just need to connect the USB cable and visit Garmin Connect. From there you can keep track of your training runs and races. I haven't tried the product on trail or forested area but I'm confident that it will deliver best results as one of it's best feature is its high-sensitivity GPS reader. So I if you're a runner who doesn't need extra bells or whistles like of those includes in 305 then this GPS sports watch is right enough for you. Let's celebrate running!

Garmin forerunner 110
gray& pink for women
black & red for men

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...